Thursday, August 25, 2005

California Call Hustle and Google Talk

Had a nice long chat with a friend since forever, Becky (she goes by Rebecca now, witness protection thing), while my meal congealed. She chided me for not putting more personal stories up on the paw. So here's the personal story of what I did last night...

Becky called because I sent her an invite for Google Talk a new instant messenger + voice chat program released yesterday. To paraphrase her, "I'm not going to talk to him through a computer, I'll just call him right now". That works for me. Also I had just downloaded Google Earth, and zoomed in from orbit to find where Becky's beaux is going to be working come next month. It was really cool, there's an aircraft carrier just next door in the satellite pics.

After that I watched Kung Fu Hustle. It's a Stephen Chow film, and as far as kung fu flicks go it is top rate. The fighting is over the top and CG enhanced. Very funny in parts, but still a pretty hard core fighting flick. I listened to the original Cantonese audio track with subtitles because the English track was rather annoying. If you like martial arts flicks, give this one a try for sure.

Bridget kept herself busy last night by watching Rescue Me, chatting on the phone with her co-worker Miss Velma (who just got back with her husband from Atlantic City), and surfing the net... also sending my periodic instant messages referencing monkey ninjas.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

See now that's much more interesting than the other stuff! :)

Rebecca said...

Oh- And by the way I do not “chide” I admonish…lightly.