Friday, September 24, 2004

Star Wars BF

I bought Star Wars Battlefront the other day (picked up the SW DVDs too, of course). Its pretty nifty! Its a lot like playing team fortress in that it is two teams trying to capture the other team's base.

It really doesn't matter if you're clones, stormtroopers, rebels, or droids. Each team has pretty much the same classes of troops plus a semi unique class at the end. I've found that I like to use the sniper (no surprise there), but the normal trooper is not too bad either as long as you can get in close quarters.

Played some online play last night (which is free like in battlenet). Had a horrible time at first due to lag. I was dying before I could do anything. After tweaking the router settings and trying it again, I had much better success.

The battles tend to slide in favor of one team within the first minutes of game play, although some levels are better than others. Tatooine was the worst. I was on the clone trooper team against the droids fighting in Mos Eisley. It was a battle between buildings and in alleyways. What sucked was the droids had a tank and us troopers were slaughtered in explosive death.

Lots of first person shooter fun!

No comments: