Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Update

I lasted 5 days without the Internet. I went to the Library yesterday and got back on the computer. I'm sorry I haven't updated more on from my phone. This is what is going on. I'm sorry it's so long.

Thurs: Got to Grandma's at 5:30. Had dinner. Watched Bubba basically bask in the attention that we were both giving him. Put him to bed around 9. Talked to Grandma until 11:30. She told me that his general Dr called up and told her that Grandpa is a very sick man. Thinks that he may have pneumonia. Grandpa is still talking some nonsense. Told Grandma that he wanted her to go to Texas with me and stay there.

Friday: Got a meeting with the cancer Dr's nurse Dan on Monday at 9:30. Went to the hospital in the afternoon. He was breathing heavy. He knew we were there. He told me that I should have driven up here but he was glad that I was here.

Saturday: Went to the hospital. Seemed worse. Knew that we were there. Getting worried. Didn't like nurse because I felt she was talking down to Grandma and calling her "Honey".

Sunday: Grandpa's Dr called up and told her that he was in no condition to take the ride to the other hospital for the meeting on Monday. (we agreed). Then mentioned dialysis for his kidneys. Told Grandma that we he walked in Grandpa didn't know who he was. Met one of the Dr's at church. I told him what the other Dr told me. I then asked where is the cancer (since no one will tell us). He told me the pelvic bone, some ribs and in the bladder. The reason why is kidneys are failing is because the cancer is blocking them from emptying into the bladder. My friend Darwynn came to visit and we all went to the hospital. We got there and he was worse. The nurse talked about DNR. I had Darwynn take Bubba out (and for her to get my phone that I left in the car). He knew we were there. I went out and called Bill and left messages. Text paged Adam and told him I was not coming home Weds. When we left I told him we would be back on Monday. He started talking about Mom...which had me start crying. Told me that he did love her even if she bossed them around.

Monday: Dan called to tell us that he would not be at the meeting but someone would be there to talk to us about the test results. Got in right away and then waited for 30 minutes. The Dr came in talked to us for 5 minutes and then left. I was LIVID but decided it wasn't worth getting upset about it. We decided that if we had any questions we would just call Dan. This is what the Dr told us "Radiation or pain pills for the pain." I couldn't look at him because I probably would have screamed "Have you even LOOKED at this man!?!" He then talked about how cute Randal was. Grandma asked how long and he told her "radiation for three weeks" Told us to tell him he said Hello and "you know your way out right?" and then left.

After lunch we went over to the hospital. Bubba sucking up all the attention from everyone in the hospital. Grandpa was sleeping. A friend of Grandma's was there and just about to leave. I noticed on the board that there was no nurses name so I went and asked for his nurse. Told her who I was and asked how he was doing. She said he had been sleeping most of the day. He did sit up and did eat some food but was not feeding himself. He would open his eyes and then go back to sleep. Breathing heavy. We left after ten minutes.

Got home and Grandma said "I don't know how much more I can take of this." I put Bubba to bed and went to Walmart to get stuff. Grandma called her friend who was at the hospital and asked her what she thought. Her friend is a retired nurse and she said that the nurses were talking about him while she was in the room. She told Grandma "You better tell your granddaughter not to go home yet."

Tuesday: Going to see Grandpa later in the day and then have dinner out with my cousin Virginia. Went to Walmart and now here to type up the novel of what is going on.


Sunday I told Adam what his Dr told Grandma on the phone. He told me that if I wanted to stay I could. I told him that I would see how he was doing and have the meeting with Dan on Monday then I would decide. After Darwynn left I told Grandma that I talked to the nurse and got her opinion on if I should call Bill or not. I told her that I called him and told him to come up if he could. I also told her that I was not leaving on Weds. I've had this vibe since Saturday that if I left I would be getting a phone call telling me to turn around. (and you all know I don't ignore the vibes!)


So that is what I can remember of what is going on now. Adam told me that Katie is doing well. Thursday night he fell asleep watching her on the TV and within 15 minutes she got out of bed, found some sparkly lip gloss, covered her hands in it, played with the computer mouse, then went into our bathroom to wash her hands and while getting her stool to the sink she woke Adam up. He also told me that Friday night he looked on the TV and she was not in her room. He looked all over for her, started to panic, and then found her BEHIND HER DOOR! I am THANKFUL that we have family in the area who can watch Katie while I am gone and Adam is at work. I'm also thankful that I brought Bubbaman...He has been a Godsend and has been taking our minds off of things.

I will try and update in a couple of days. Please continue the prayers and vibes. I miss you all.

Love,

B. and Bubba Randal

No comments: