Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Road trip


image014
Originally uploaded by FlipSide3
Tomorrow morning Bubba Randal and I will be taking a road trip to Coal Valley, IL where my Grandparents live (Mom's parents). We will be staying over night in Emporia KS Weds night and then get to IL sometime Thursday afternoon

The reason why we are going is because Grandpa B has been in the hospital now for over three weeks. The first week he had two surgeries on his kidneys for blood clots. This was something due to Prostrate Cancer that he had back in 1999. He had been cancer free since fall 1999.

Then Saturday Grandma told me that Grandpa now has bone cancer in his lower back. Right now we have no idea what type or what stage it is at.

I have talked to my cousin who has been helping out and keeping me updated and we decided the night before Grandpa's second surgery on his kidneys that I should go up there. (I also got a vibe that told me that I needed to go...and you know me I don't ignore the vibes)

After looking at prices and many options I have decided that I was going to drive up there and bring Randal with me. I will be staying there for a week. Adam and family will be taking care of Katie (and she still has school).

So if you can please send vibes and prayers for my family. I will try ( or Adam will) and do updates every couple of days.

No comments: