Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Puppy Sitting, Demos, and an Alien Baby

In an attempt to avoid only posting my own advertisements, like my last post for kintiko.net aka Kintiko Web Design, I thought I'd finally post about what's going on these days. This will be about what I am up to as I'll leave the wife to post her own stories. Where to start...

Last weekend we stayed over at my parents house, who live a total of 2 miles away from our home. They were out of town watching a football game in Kansas because my brother-in-law's brother (got that?) is on the starting line-up. With the folks gone, someone had to watch the puppy dog.

Brady, the dog, wore me out. Dogs need too much attention in my opinion, and with my Dad gone I was seen as the best substitute for the attention giver to those little brown eyes. The dog survived, spending most of its time sitting at the end of the recliner while I read a book.

Which brings me to my next topic, Harry Potter. The movie version of Goblet of Fire comes out this week, so I thought I'd read the book again. I really doubt I'll be done by Friday, but since it has been decreed by my better half that we shall no longer see midnight movie openings, I'll probably just wait until next week.

Monday I checked the mail and found a demo disc for my PlayStation 2. It had lots of demos for many new games I'd like to have. Some were lots of fun, a few were exactly what I expected, and a couple were disappointing to the point that I don't want them.

Shadow of the Colossus was by far the one I most longed to play. After some work I managed to kill the big giant and was given a trailer preview of the rest of the game. It was very cool.

Soul Calibur 3 was as polished as ever and the series still sits in my top spot of best fighter games ever. The custom character creation engine was lots of fun. The actual battles were very frustrating though, but that's really pretty normal. I just hope that if I actually buy it that I can master at least one character so that I'm not dying constantly. I'd really rather not destroy any more video game controllers.

There were other games on the disc too. Ratchet: Deadlocked didn't look very fun, even though I've been a big fan of the first two in the series. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks was pretty much an updated Double Dragon, and actually seemed kinda fun (maybe worth a rental). I'd buy Sly Cooper 3, but I haven't even played Sly 2 yet. Finally, I didn't even play JakX racing as I can't stand racing games (except for Burnout or Mario Cart). I'm currently trying to get through Jak3, but all the races are ruining what should be a great story based platformer.

Just a few final things. Bridget claims that our child is either an alien or leaning very heavily to the Eakins side of the genetic fence, because her belly is really starting to grow. I finally one the lotto... twice... $5 on two tickets. Go me! To conclude I'd like to mention that there is a Honey Baked Ham in the mail that we shall be eating next Sunday and I just can't wait!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

:) I love you're posts-They're so...Um, I don't know...but they make me giggle. Hope you guys have a great Harry Potter weekend!