Thursday, July 12, 2007

Miss You.....

keenan_family
It's been eight years since my Mom died. It doesn't seem that long ago. She would want us to celebrate her life. So today Adam, Katie and I are going to Fort Worth to see the Star Wars exhibit. There isn't a day that I don't think of her. The past month or so I really thought about her and talked to her a lot. I've always said that it is up to Mom (and God) on what goes on with my life. I've always believed that Mom had more say than God and would know that what ever happened that I would be able to get through it.

Mom's favorite group was The Beatles and favorite Beatle was Paul McCartney.
When I hear this song I will always remember seeing Paul McCartney at Texas Stadium and her saying "Oh he is SO CUTE!!!"


I think Mom saw Neil Diamond 4 or five times (I saw him twice with her). I just remember the first time she got to see them Dad left early in the morning to get in line tickets for her.


The Muppet Show....This was a favorite of hers.


I think this was years later when they tried to do another Muppet show like show. I know she would have loved this...



She was the one who got us into Star Wars. She was also the one who became really good friends at the people over at Toys R Us. She would go over and was the only one allowed to go back and go through all the boxes (before they we out on the shelves) and get the figures that my brother needed before everyone else. Yoda was her favorite...


One Saturday morning I was watching the Bugs Bunny Road Runner show and "What's Opera Doc?" came on. Mom laughed so hard at this.


Another favorite musician was John Denver. She got to see him in concert two weeks before he died.



About a week ago I found footage on Youtube from John Denver and the Muppets a Christmas together. I found one of Mom's favorite songs that I was planning on having here in the tribute. I sang the song at her funeral service. Sadly when I went to get it for this yesterday the video had been removed....

It's in everyone of us
to be wise
find your heart
open up both your eyes
we can't all know everything
without ever asking why
it's in every one of us
by and by.

We miss you Mom.

Love always,

Bridget, Bill, Adam, Ana, Jamie and Katie Ellen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bridget,
What a wonderful trubute to your Mom's memory. She would be very proud of you and all your accomplishments and your terrific family. Thank you for sharing her memory.
Sandi